Tiramisu is one of the great Italian desserts. Surprisingly, it is also one of the easiest to make. Everything you need to know to make this yourself is below. If you prefer, we'd be happy to make one for you and deliver it right to your door.
(Serves 8 - 10)
- 5 Eggs
- 500 g Savoiardi (Lady Fingers)
- 1.5 cups Brewed Espresso
- 600 g Mascarpone
- 150 g Sugar
- Cocoa Powder for dusting
Step One: Prepare Eggs
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Step Two: Prepare Custard Filling
- Beat egg yolks with a mixer until they form a soft peak.
- Combine beaten egg yolks with mascarpone and egg yolk-sugar mixture.
Step Three: Assemble
- One at a time, dip each lady finger quickly into cooled espresso. It is important that they not be dipped in the espresso for too long, otherwise they will become too soft. Just a quick dip, in and out is all that is needed. As each lady finger is dipped in the espresso, arrange it in a serving dish as shown.
- Once the serving dish is covered with dipped lady fingers, cover the layer of lady fingers with a thin layer of the mascarpone mixture, being sure to reserve some for subsequent layers. Repeat the process of layer lady fingers and mascarpone mixture until all lady fingers are used. Final layer should be mascarpone mixture, as shown.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours.